Daughter of the devil or Angel in white?

This is one my favorite lines in my very limited knowledge of western music, and I love it.
From one of the Eagles songs.
I really don't know how to describe the feeling, but it is like an infactuation.
"I have been searching for the daughter of the devil himself
I have been searching for an angel in white"

I don't rememebr when I heard it first. Probably I didn't understand any words when I heard it first time and I did have to read the lyrics to totally understand the words. It was definitely not a love at first hearing. It was a maturing love, increasing bit by bit, gradually but constantly.
Each time I hear it, I love it little bit more than the last time.
The voice is very masculine and sexy and the guitar playing in the background is mesmorizing.

So, I started pondering about it!
What did the writer mean?
Dosen't all women little bit mean and good?
Can anyone be only good or bad?
May be the author meant extreme goodness or meanness.

Who am I? Daughter of the devil? or angel in white?
Many people who are not very close to me but an arm's length would say definitely an angel in white.
People very clsoe to me would say definitely devil's daughter.
However, I feel like I am hiding a lot of things.
I am acting like how the society wants me to act.
I have always been like this for the past 3 decades. Always lived like what others wanted me to live. What was expected of me.
I don't think I ever lived my life how I wanted to live it.

So, may be I am a daughter of the devil disguised as an angel in white!
Should I just get rid of the facade and be the devils' daughter all the time?

Once a person(he was considered to be the rudest person in that area) told me that I had the most trustworthy face he had ever seen! I told him that looks could be deceiving and he laughed.
But, isn't that the truth?
What would happen if I decide today that I'll be living a devil's daughter life for the next decade?

My mom says that when I was a kid, I was the naughtiest kid in the whole town.
My parents had to apologize to countless people due to my naughty behaviors.
Once I threw a stone at a boy's bald head and his mom complained that and I laughed and told her that "the bald head looked like a mirror and I just wanted to see whether I could break it and that is why I threw the stone at it". I was 5 or 6 at that time.
Then we moved from that city to somewhere else.
Somewhere along that time, I started to change (according to my mom).
People who knew me from that time are surprised to see that I have changed this much and they can't believe it was the same girl they used to know.

I remember my 20s. I don't remember my 30s.
I want to rememebr my 40s. I want to live each and every day, not just survive.
I don't want to be like my grandmother who suffered everything for many many years.
I have got a characteristics of her, but I want to let go of that. I don't want people saying that she was the best person ever(but who forgot to live how she wanted to live) like how they say about my grandmother.

I used to fight with my friend from birth(we were 15 days apart) and used to win every single time.
I was fearless as a child.
I was an accident prone child with countless injuries even before I turned 10.
I had so many stitches on my head/face/arm etc even before I started school.
We used to live right across from a hospital at that time and my dad used to say that all the doctors in that hospital were very familiar with our family.
I used to manipulate people with the warmest smile and sweetest words whenever I wanted to and people used to melt in front of me(only people who didn't know my real character).
My mom has tons of stories from my childhood about the naughtiest, accident prone, fearless child/toddler/kid who I once was.
May be that is the original me!
May be circumstances changed me!
May be I'd be happier if I lived the original me!

We shall see......












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

എനിയ്ക്കു നഷ്ടപ്പെട്ടത്

ജെയിംസ്‌ ബോണ്ടിനോട് നന്ദുട്ടന്റെ ഉപദേശം